Dining and Lounges Near Kamaole Sands
- Fred's Mexican Cafe (.03 mile mostly flat) Restaurant and Bar. Open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Casual Dining. Festive setting. Mexican food.
- Moose McGillycuddy's (.03 mile mostly flat) Restaurant and Bar. Open for lunch and dinner. Pub grub. Happy hour specials.
- 808 Deli (.03 mile mostly flat) - Mostly for take out of breakfast and lunch. Small seating area. Great Food. Good Prices.
- Cinnamon Roll Place (.04 mile mostly flat) Open Mornings only for Cinnamon Rolls, Scones, Coffee, Tea
- Coconut's Fish Cafe (.04 miles mostly flat) Restaurant. Open for lunch and dinner. Great family dining. Fish tacos are a favorites.
- Cafe O'Lei (.05 mile mostly flat) Restaurant and Bar. Open for lunch and dinner. Great Fresh Fish. Raw Bar. Other dishes yummy, too. Great drinks. Our fave!
- 5 Palms (.06 mile mostly flat) Restaurant and Bar. Open Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great outdoor dining seating with beach/ocean view.
And while we are talking food, there are also great options beyond the immediate Kamaole Sands neighborhood north in Kihei or South in Wailea. Below is a list of notables:
- Sansei - Considered best sushi on Maui. They have early bird specials between 5:30 -6:00 and the line goes out the door.
- Eskimo Candy - Limited seating, mostly carry out for fish tacos, fish and chips, and poke. Considered a hidden gem.
- Maui Brewing Company Kihei - Indoor and Outdoor tables, tour the brewery and have a meal, too!
- Nalu's South Shore Grill - Small casual dining for breakfast lunch and dinner. We enjoy that they have live music.
- Kihei Caffe - Breakfast only but have small offering of lunch items. Large menu. Long line a peak hours. Shared tables at peak. Food is delicious. A favorite!
- Paia Fish Market Kihei - Casual, inexpensive outdoor dining at picnic tables. Great fish tacos, fish sandwiches, fish and chips and big menu.
- Fat Daddy's Smokehouse - Small Texas style BBQ house. Great when you are tired of fish or local tastes and need to change it up!
- Kamaole Poolside Bar at the Maui Coast Hotel - nothing fancy, drinks are cheap and in plastic glasses, food is pool bar type food but we go for the nightly live music and low key vibe.
- Cheeseburger Grille & Tap - Casual open air seating, burger chain. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We recommend the BLTA (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado) and Mai Tais are good.
- Ami Ami - Maui Coast Hotel restaurant, fine dining. Known as a small bites menu served in courses. Open for breakfast and dinner.
- Gannon's at the Gold and Emerald Golf Courses in Wailea. Expensive but you can't go wrong since its namesake, owner and head chef is one of the inventors of Pacific Rim cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Red Bar has a very nice Happy Hour!
- Tommy Bahama's - Can't go wrong here, great food, service and great mai tais.
- Monkeypod Kitchen - A Merriman restaurant designed to be more moderately prices. Farm to Table eatery and bar with great menu. Nice bar with a very different and yummy Mai Tai.
- Manoli's Pizza Company - Handcrafted pizza, open-air. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Longhi's Wailea - Great for pasta and people watching at the Shops at Wailea. Nice bar, too.
A couple of other spots around the island that are must mentions:
- Mama's Fish House in Paia - Open for lunch or supper. The ambiance is lovely. The food and service is amazing. Mama's is pricey but well worth the splurge especially if you love fish. You won't find fresher fish and they will tell you what time it was caught and by whom. Make reservations for sunset and be sure to tell them if your celebrating something special.
- Fleetwood's on Front Street in Lahaina - Beautiful ocean views. Owned by Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac fame. Great place to see sunset. Food is lovely. Pricey but worth it for the whole experience.
- Cafe O'Lei at the Mill House - Unique location sitting in the heart of the Maui Tropical Plantation, surrounded by farmland, and overlooking the breathtaking Waikapu Valley. The Mill House and Tropical Plantation ground are unique, green and have some amazing old large gear wheels that are used in the decor. Cafe O'Lei food never disappoints.