Our housekeeping company (Maui Vacation Rental Support) is also dedicated to keeping you safe. They have attended training provided by OSHA and the CDC to guide them on best management practices for common facilities like our vacation rental. The following is what you can expect for your stay:
- Employees must apply alcohol based hand sanitizer prior to entering the property.
- Employees must wash hands with a soap based product for 20 seconds before donning cleaning gloves.
- A 49-point house cleaning checklist was created to ensure the entire property is cleaned from top to bottom with each departure. This list ensures industry identified "high touch" areas, like door handles, controls and switches, toilet flush handles, remotes, counter-tops, tabletops, etc., are cleaned and disinfected.
- Top-of-the-line cleaning products will be used to clean and disinfect.
- Surfaces are cleaned first to remove soils and then disinfectant applied and allowed to soak for at least 10 minutes so that full sanitation is achieved.
- Every load of laundry will be run with bleach at the highest temperature possible. Extra soaking time will be included.
- A strict policy is in place to protect employees and guests by requiring any staff member experiencing cold/flu symptoms to stay at home.
Additionally we will maintain a one-night break between guest bookings (unless a booking occurred prior to the COVID-19 outbreak). This is recommended by the CDC to help minimize the spread to housekeeping staff and guests. Please understand that due to this CDC recommendation we will not approve any request for early check-in or late check-out (unless arranged at the time of reservation) to ensure we meet this recommended guideline.
During your stay, please follow CDC recommendations to protect yourself, Maui residents, and our future guests by washing your hands often, covering coughs and sneezes, and following Hawaii State and Maui County rules for wearing masks and sharing public spaces to stop the spread of COVID-19.
A special request when using the condo's kitchen, if you use any items from the drawers or cupboards, even once, please place those items into the dishwasher for cleaning and disinfection. For example, we often don't think twice about using a bottle opener and placing it back in the drawer. Just another simple way to show aloha!
If you have any further questions about our COVID-19 cleaning processes, click here to send us a message.